Why Should I Switch My Business To Google Apps For Business?
We’ve listened to many businesses share what’s important to them in building and growing a healthy business. What we’ve found is that businesses are looking for a low-cost, reliable, and secure messaging and collaboration solution that supports their business rather than challenges it. If your business finds itself identifying with some of these challenges, then you might be interested in considering the Google Apps solution for your business.
Take a look at the business advantages of Google Apps other customers have found out for themselves.
- Cost and resource-draining IT challenges, such as unreliable servers, setup and maintenance expenses, and operating a multi-OS environment
- Small email inboxes
- Virus attacks, Spam and phishing
- Compliance to internal and external policies
- Consumption of disk space
- Inefficient sharing and collaboration
How Google Apps solves these business challenges:
- Dramatically lowers your total cost of ownership. No hidden maintenance or upgrade expenses – since Google hosts your data, we absorb those costs so that you don’t have to.
- Boost employee productivity with 25GB of storage per user – your employees can focus on their work rather than on their email quota.
- Lean on our 99.9% service level agreement for email to make sure your business is up-and-running.
- Share information, don’t send it. Real-time document editing cuts down the hassle of sending email attachments and version confusion.
- You’re actually safer with Google Apps. Since your data is hosted on Google’s reliable and redundant data centers, you can stop saving your corporate data on insecure devices, a leading cause of data security problems.
- Better message control over what comes in and what goes out of your company with Google Apps’ message security and administrative management controls.
- Access anywhere, anytime you have an internet connection – whether on your mobile device, laptop, or computer in a multi-OS environment (PC, Mac, Linux).
How Is Google Apps Different From A Free @Gmail.Com Account?
Our Google Apps solution for businesses is a packaged product of Google’s best messaging and collaboration applications, among which include Gmail™, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sites, and Google Video.
You may have had experience using many of these applications with your firstname.lastname@example.org account, and while these applications are similar, we have enhanced them in Google Apps for Business with these critical differences:
1. Google Apps is for your business
When you sign up for Google Apps for your business, you sign up with your own company domain name. So rather than having a email@example.com email address, you would create or maintain a company email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org. There is an IT administrative control panel that is built into Google Apps for your business where an IT administrator can manage and control the user accounts across your company domain.
2. Enhanced business-oriented features
Though our product engineers are continually enhancing our Google applications for our free consumers, they are also adding separate, enhanced features to the Google Apps applications that are more oriented for business purposes. Here are just a few things you can do in Google Apps for your business that’s not available in our free consumer applications:
- Increased Access Controls: Puts your company in control of how your information is shared and communicated outside of your domain.
- Gmail: Saves all your corporate information with improved mailing list capabilities, and increased mail thresholds
- Google Sites: Understanding that a company intranet and shared documentation is so critical to success, optimized to provide you with the right storage quotas to address your business needs
- Google Calendar: Enables conference room and resource sharing, allowing you to schedule office conference rooms or other shared resources in your office.
- Google Video: Share internal videos with your company quickly without the complex overhead of many other systems